We are hiring!
Junior Copywriter / Content Creator
We are looking for a Junior Copywriter / Content Creator at OsterRob/SharpEdge!
Who are we?
We are a Japanese kitchen knife shop. We primarily focus on e-commerce business, catering to knife fans around the world, and we also have a showroom and office in Šiška (Celovška cesta 280, Ljubljana) open to customers who can buy a knife directly.
We run 3 localized online shops:
Our team is comprised of family and friends, so we are not just looking for a new hire, but also a new friend. It’s a relaxed and young(ish 😅) environment - we spend a lot of time together so we better have a good time. Good time + Growth mindset = Success in both personal and professional life in our books.
We’re working hard to become the best Japanese knife shop in the world. More about our story here: https://osterrob.si/pages/o-nas
What will your tasks be?
- Most of your time you will be writing clear, concise, and engaging copy for a variety of marketing materials - everything from product descriptions, newsletters, blog posts, IG/FB captions. Your words will be the voice and tone with which we represent our brand and knives to the world - a big responsibility!
- Helping with the development of content strategies that align with our brand and marketing goals.
- Helping our team with recording & editing videos for social media posts.
- In the first 3–6 months, you will help our customer support team by replying to our international customers on social and email. This will be a good exercise to get familiar with the knives and our customers so you will understand what kind of questions they have.
- Various other smaller tasks (we are a small team so we can’t always know what tasks need to be done). Approx 5-10% of your time.
The more boxes you tick below, the better fit you are for us:
- You have some passion for cooking and for sharp blades.
- You’ve read A LOT of books, watched countless hours of movies and TV shows (this may finally pay off!), and love to play around with words.
- No copywriting experience needed. But we expect an affinity and talent for delivering clear messages.
- Humor. You have loads of it.
- You can’t help yourself correcting spelling mistakes. Your friends and family hate you for that.
- You can type faster than your mom.
- You know what SEO is.
- Full of ideas - you follow social media and often think “I could do better” 🙃
- Great team player! You will be working closely with the Marketing & Customer support team.
- Fluent in English and Slovenian, written and spoken. That’s a must.
- Additional language is a bonus (Croatian/Spanish/Italian/German/any other? - surprise us!)
What do you get from us?
- A full-time job (with a 3-month trial period)
- A steady paycheck of €1.900 gross/month (+ malica in prevoz / lunch and transportation) for the trial period. Then we can talk about a raise based on your performance.
- The latest MacBook Air & iPhone.
- A Japanese knife of your choice (up to €350).
- Work starts between 9-10am for 8 hours, Mon-Fri in our office in Šiška.
- Fast-paced environment with a cool team (you will be no. 15). We grow fast and have big plans!
- Endless supply of band-aids. 😅
How to apply?
Apply by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 21 end of day with:
- Why you would like to join our team? 200-300 words maximum in English.
- Is ChatGPT your friend or your foe? Explain your answer.
- Attaching a short, 1-2 page CV.
- [optional] Send us some of your best copywriting work, if you have any.
By June 9 we will select a candidate if we find a good fit.
- Accepting applications until May 21.
- On May 30 at 6pm, selected applicants will be invited to a 1hr long online test.
- Selected applicants will be invited to an in-person interview in week 23.
- We will make a decision by June 9.
All applicants will receive feedback if they made it to the next stage or not.
We’re excited to see your applications!
PS: If you think your friend would be a great fit for our team, please share this post with them. Thank you! ✌️